Get ready for your summer vacation: add a travel checklist to your journal!
How many times were you standing in line ready for boarding and just realized that you’d forgotten your toothbrush?
Most of us think that going on vacation doesn’t require any preparations beforehand. Vacations are for disconnecting and having fun – but for that, you better plan in advance!
A travel journal not only helps you with the planning: it’s also a handy and beautiful way to keep track of your day, the things you did, the things you liked and even to save one or more little souvenirs.
For one of my bookbinding workshops in Groningen, I prepared a travel checklist with the must-have basics for a smooth and safe travel. You can download and print this travel checklist and start getting ready for your vacation!
But what else is a travel journal good for?
Apart from using it for checklists and day tracking, you can add extra prompts like:
– a bucket list: what are the must-see places that you want to visit, or the top 5 restaurants that you want to try?
– a capsule wardrobe: join this fashion challenge based on the “less is more” concept. Create different looks for everyday with just a few basics. Get inspired by the Project 333 and design your own capsule wardrobe for this summer vacation!
– travel quotes: start your day with a positive thought, keep your favourite travel quotes next to you or collect typical quotes you hear at the places you visit.
– trip expenses: we love souvenirs! Either if they are for ourselves or a present for family and friends, we can go crazy and hurt our bank account. Set a spending limit and keep track of your expenses.
– before & after: visiting a new country can be very challenging. There are travels that are just for relaxing. But there are also the ones that can change our life. Write a letter to yourself before you go on a trip, what are your expectations, how do you feel about it… Once you are back home, write a new letter with the impressions from your travel. I am sure that you will find very interesting thoughts on each of these letters and you will learn a lot about yourself and your way of travelling and seeing the world.
Do you already have a travel journal? Check the unique hand marbled and hand dyed journals and notebooks that Indigo Craft Room has for you!